The Committee on Teaching and Scholarship (TAS) has determined the award recipients of the 2013-2014 Butine Faculty Development Fund spring cycle, according to committee chair Lauretta Frederking, political science. Due to the large number of proposals received and the limited amount of funds available ($17,730), the committee was unable to fund all qualified proposals. This spring’s Butine Award recipients are:
- Ami Ahern-Rindell, biology: Society of Inherited Metabolic Disorders (SIMD) Annual Meeting, $842
- Barbara Braband, nursing: Association of Community Health Nurse Educators (ACHNE), $1,500
- Hannah Callender, mathematics: Annual Meeting of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, $1,500
- Andrea Castanette, international languages and cultures: Nicaragua Service-Learning Immersion Program, $1,500
- Sr. Carol Dempsey, theology: Catholic Biblical Association of America International Conference, $759
- Alice Gates, social work: Annual Meeting, Assoc. Of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors (BPD), $1,012
- Cara Hersh, English: International Congress of the New Chaucer Society, $995
- Sr. Angela Hoffman, chemistry: National American Chemical Society Meeting, $1,500
- Rev. Tom Hosinski, C.S.C., theology: Special Divine Action 2014 Ian Ramsey Center Conference, $1,500
- Kevin Jones, social work: The 31st Annual Qualitative Analysis Conference, $1,422
- James Jurinski, business administration: Academy of Legal Studies in Business Annual National Conference, $800
- Katie O’Reilly, biology: Pacific Seabird Group 41st Annual Meeting, $1,500
- Jacqueline Waggonner, education: American Association for Colleges of Teacher Education, $1,400
- Rev. Ron Wasowkski, C.S.C., environmental studies: A Roman, Jewish, and Christian Necropolis in Pollentia, Mallorca, $1,500.
For more information contact Frederking at firstname.lastname@example.org.