Every Fall, ATSI updates our Moodle instance to provide enhanced security and functionality. For faculty, it’s easy to miss finding out about new Moodle features or changes that can enrich student learning, or just create new efficiencies in your work. In this post, I want to roll-up and present the top new features available to you in Moodle for Fall 2017. Each link below leads to a short tech tip article and video walkthrough.
Top New Moodle Features
- Tired of downloading and re-uploading student’s work? Try In-Browser Annotation of Assignment submissions
- You can post course news to the Announcements forum to create a centralized hub for real-time course updates
- Discussion forums have received a number of enhancements including pinned posts and private replies
- Accidentally delete something from your course? The new Recycle Bin is a life-saver
- Do you have an assignment that requires differing due dates for groups or individuals (for instance, students following a presentation schedule for final projects)? You can now set multiple due dates using Assignment Overrides.
- Bonus tip: Did you know you can access all assignment and quiz due dates from one screen? This is super-handy if you import course material from a previous semester and need to update due dates for the current semester. (No, this last one is not a new feature, but it’s great time-saver!)
Well, that’s it for this roundup. Do you have a favorite new Moodle tip or trick? Let me know in the article comments.
Want more tips like this? You can: