The University of Portland Science Technology Engineering Mathematics Education and Outreach Center is a collaborative unit among the Colleges of Arts and Sciences (CAS), Education, and Engineering whose mission is to strengthen STEM education in P-18 settings. The Center has the following goals:
- Coordinate outreach efforts to P-12 teachers and students for regional and national audiences, with a particular focus on the North Portland community;
- Continue to develop interdisciplinary initiatives to raise the quality of STEM education for UP students;
- Provide professional development opportunities on STEM pedagogical issues for University of Portland faculty.
- Serve as a repository for STEM education ideas and resources for the University and North Portland community;
- Advance research on STEM education.