2 thoughts on “Globalization and Terrorism-Jaclyn”

1. Jaclyn,

I thought your infographic was great! It was very informational and had a nice flow to it. You provided a hard nosed argument and had strong information behind your facts. There was just enough information, as your infographic had a nice special balance and wasn’t too overwhelmed with words or information. I loved the topic of globalization and terrorism, as this is something new and fresh that we haven’t talked about it class. It was interested to me to see and think about the interconnection between globalization and the impacts it has had on terrorism. I was impressed that you covered different bases of terrorism, whether it be from a technological standpoint or border permeability. I also enjoyed learning other negative impacts of terrorism behind the obvious (death and safety), where you touched on prejudice, negative economic growth and environmental damage.
    Well done!

2. Jaclyn, your project was very well done and your infographic is very easy to comprehend. I like the way your infographic is set up because it allows the reader to scan the page from top to bottom and come away with a pretty comprehensive understanding of the ideas you are trying to communicate. I like how you went beyond perhaps instinctual ideas, such as the contribution of technology to an increase in terrorism, and covered the reasons why it can be argued that globalization itself has spurred an increase in terrorism. One area that I think might be interesting to further explore would be how religion intersects with globalization in terms of terrorism. I wonder if terrorist groups are concerned more, less, or just as much with the economic consequences of globalization as the cultural/religious ones.