My summer internship at PACCAR Parts has strengthened my strong foundation of skills including creativity, business operations, and interpersonal communication. From the first day that I arrived at PACCAR Parts in the Marketing Services Division, I knew prioritization and aptitude would be vital to my success. By the first week, I was given various projects to work on, everything from writing articles, to logging in data in various databases, to creating and reorganizing presentations. Each of the projects had their own importance, and had varying deadlines. This meant I had to delegate my time effectively. Fortunately, I was able to balance my time accordingly, and complete all of my initial projects in a timely manner.

Screen Shot 2015-06-14 at 10.47.46 PMAfter demonstrating to my team my competence with being able to handle various projects, they entrusted me with redoing the loyalty card website for their dealers. When I first saw the website, I noticed that the pages were unorganized and confusing. The first plan of action I took was to consolidate the pages and reorganize the content within them. After merging the information into four simple pages, I created new links, and produced eye-catching comprehendible new flyers, example shown right, which are now fluid with PACCAR’s current marketing campaigns.

Other projects I have worked on over the last month vary from bringing continuity to data login, to creating product information and images for a heavily revised internal ecommerce dealer website, to writing articles for the PACCAR Parts website. Though I am only a third of the way into with my 14 week summer internship, this experience has greatly broadened my knowledge of corporate business, and has provided me the opportunity to build solid relationships within my immediate Marketing Services team and the PACCAR Parts family as a whole.

~

Mace Provost, Senior
Operations and Technology Management & Entrepreneurship