I have been working in the nonprofit sector since 2006 when I graduated from Western Connecticut State University with a degree in Anthropology. All I ever knew was that I wanted a job where I made a difference. When I graduated, I picked up everything I had and moved to Maryland and landed an internship with the National Audubon Society which eventually turned into a full-time gig doing volunteer management and outreach-education. I parlayed that experience into a position at Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation Center in Boulder, Colorado for four years where I learned more about the nonprofit sector and how when you work for a small organization, you do a little bit of everything. At this point, I knew that I had found my calling working for the nonprofit sector.

I moved to Portland, Oregon in 2012 in search of a career in Development and wanted a little leg up in getting the experience I needed so I enrolled in the MBA Nonprofit program at University of Portland where I met some amazing people whom I still network (and happy hour) with to this day. My next role was at Oregon Humane Society in the development department, and after 5 years I took a leap of faith and went out on my own to become a Nonprofit Consultant where I currently provide services to organizations seeking assistance in their development and volunteer programs. 

I am forever grateful for my participation in the Nonprofit MBA at the University of Portland. Not only for the excellent education but for the friends and connections I made along the way. I encourage everyone to never stop learning and keep on networking. You never know who you are going to meet tomorrow and where that relationship may take you.