Jonathan SimcoeJonathan Simcoe, UP Alumni, started off as a Communications major and ended up at a startup called Circle Media and earlier this year launched Circle with Disney, the new way for families to manage content and time across all devices.

Jonathan stopped by to share some great advice with our business students.

He said, “my advice would be to keep trying stuff until you find what you are passionate about. I went through a rough period of unemployment a couple of years after graduating where I really struggled to find something I was passionate about. But I kept trying stuff. I learned a lot along the way. God was gracious to guide me into something that I enjoy and have been able to grow into. I also learned along the way that brutally honest feedback is an incredible grace.  It has helped me grow and it reminds me that I still have a long, long way to go.”

After he graduated from UP, he jumped from doing design for a small financial consultancy, to a PR firm, to a host of design and development work opportunities. Earlier this year, he landed at Circle Media through a networking opportunity with one of the founders of the company. His skills were a match for the company’s needs and he was propelled into an environment of creative work with a variety of mediums at a fast paced startup.

So the lesson is, keep trying new things and don’t forget to network, it may lead to your next dream job!

You can connect with Circle for Disney on their Facebook page and find out more on their website.  We thank Jonathan for stopping in and sharing his great advice with us.