• Why did you choose UP’s Pamplin School of Business?
    • I was in a high school graduating class of 650 students.  I was attracted to the University of Portland because of the small community.  The School of Business had faculty that were interested in my education and not just their research.  I was impressed with the confidence of the students.  The opportunities to try new things, like a summer study abroad program, meet new friends, and build a skill set that is applicable to the real world.  UP School of Business didn’t disappoint.
  • Any fond or fun memory that stands out?
    • I have many fond memories of my time on The Bluff, from earning Top Gun in a sales class, being on student council and the campus program board, to using the card catalog for research.  What standouts the most is the feeling of community, family, support, and love that is woven through the school.  I feel honored to be an alumni and thankful for the people who came before me, patiently journeyed with me, and for the smart and caring students who came after me to continue the legacy.  We are part of something bigger than ourselves and although it is difficult to describe, it is easy to feel even now when I return to campus.
  • What are you doing now as a UP Pamplin alum?
    • I started my career as the Director of Admissions at St. Mary’s Academy, after graduating the MBA program, I worked at Target in human resources and now I’m serving as a regional director at Audigy.  We help independent audiologists achieve their goals through their business in a changing industry with consolidation and over the counter products, like the story David and Goliath.  We’re hiring btw, reach out! I support teams who build recommendations in operations, finance, marketing, human resources and professional development for business owners based on opportunities to increase market share.  I’ve been blessed with many opportunities to meet incredible people at the University of Portland and I am appreciative of the connections and support they have offered me on my personal and professional journey.  I hope to pay it forward with students, alumni, and colleagues.
    • Alumni Julie Stillwell Culp Headshot
      Alumni Julie Stillwell Culp