Embed a YouTube Video
In your Moodle course, you can either link to a youtube video or you can embed a video into your course page.
Visit YouTube and find the video you want to embed into your course.
Click on the “Share” link under the video
Click on the “Embed” option
Right-click on the embed code and choose copy.
In your Moodle course:
- Make sure editing is on
- Click on Add an activity or resource in the section you want to add the video to
- If you want to add the video to the main page of the course choose label
- If you want to add the video on its own page, choose page
In the Moodle resource, you need to paste your embed code into the source code. To access the source code click the source code button on the toolbar:
Note: If you don’t see the source code button you may need to expand the toolbar using the button on the upper left:
In the “HTML Source Editor” paste your embed code and click Update
Your video should now display in the text editor
Make sure to Save & Return to Course or Save & Display!
Now you should see your video in your course in Moodle.
Popular Help Articles
- Import Excel Data to the Gradebook
- Moodle 3.6 Dashboard Basics: Subscribing to the Site Announcements Forum
- Moodle 3.6 Dashboard Basics: Viewing Past Courses
- Moodle 3.6 Dashboard Basics: How to Hide (or Unhide) a Course
- Moodle 3.6 Dashboard Basics: How to Star (or Unstar) a Course
- Embed a MediaSpace Video in Moodle
- Moodle 3.6 Dashboard Basics: Viewing Your Current Courses
- Add a header image to your course
- Moodle 3.6 Dashboard Basics: Changing the Appearance of the Course Overview
- Moodle 3.6 Dashboard Basics: Viewing Courses for Next Term