KDUP is looking for a Pilots After Dark/KDUP Liaison for the 2018 spring semester! If this sounds like something you're interested in, apply by filling out and submitting this form.
PAD/KDUP Liaison job description:
The purpose of the PAD/KDUP student staff position is to identify and coordinate live entertainment in conjunction with the shared goals of Pilots After Dark and KDUP. The liaison will act as a bridge between KDUP and Pilots After Dark, while also taking the lead to book and coordinate live shows on Friday and Saturday nights in the Pilot House. Coordinating live entertainment includes identifying diverse and engaging live artists, communicating with artists and agents in a timely and professional manner, displaying hospitality, providing technical support and event promotion.
In addition to bringing outside talent to the Pilots House, this position will also identify and coordinate student performances to highlight and support UP student talent. Coordinating student performances includes identifying and recruiting DJs, bands, musicians, etc. to perform open mics or solo shows.
In addition to reporting to the Weekend and Late Night Programming Coordinator and involvement in the Pilots After Dark team, this position will meet regularly with KDUP leadership, including the Program Director and Event Coordinator at the discretion of the General Manager.
· Ability to set-up and operate both audio and lighting equipment in a variety of environments.
· Ability to effectively troubleshoot technical and/or on-site challenges in preparation for and throughout programs.
· Timely and professional communication with artists, agents, faculty, students, and staff through email, telephone, and in person.
· Provide variety of on-site assistance for performers (i.e. making artists feel welcome, technical support, etc.)
· Public speaking skills or interest in developing public speaking skills.
· Ability to build dynamic list of potential performers in organized manner.
· High attention to detail.
· Basic knowledge of working within an assigned budget.
· Ability to lift 25-50 lbs and push heavy equipment on wheeled cart.
· Regular weekend availability – programs typically occur from 10pm-1am Fridays and Saturdays.
· Minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA to apply.