This week I’m bringing in a video from Microsoft trainer Doug. He has a great new video sharing how to uses OneNote to organize his professional (and personal) life.

OneNote has been an incredibly valuable tool for me; I’ve seen other folks in Information Services using it and I’ve noticed it becoming more popular around campus with faculty as well. If you’ve checked out OneNote but aren’t quite sure how to organize it, the video below provides a good overview of some of the ways OneNote can help you capture, collaborate and stay on top of your notes and ideas.

Some of the things Doug brings up that I want to expand on:

• You can open work notebooks ( in Office 365)  and home notebooks (in a personal OneDrive) alongside each other in OneNote
  • There are lots of ways to quickly get information into OneNote – you can send screen clippings from a browser, forward email, or even use your phone as a pocket scanner to capture hard copies or white boards. Doug keeps an “inbox” to quickly send new information to; I recommend this approach.
  • OneNote features a VERY powerful search feature. You can find notes by title or keywords – it will search your notebooks in the cloud even if they aren’t currently open in OneNote. It will even OCR (convert text in images or handwriting) and search those. It’s actually pretty amazing!

%CODE1%

UP Tech Tip: How Doug Organizes OneNote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fppCJx1GqjI