Moodle is an online learning management system (LMS) which University students and faculty can use to continue learning and interacting outside of the classroom environment. At the University of Portland every course is automatically created in Moodle. This means that it is very easy for a faculty member to start using Moodle to enhance their face to face class. Some examples of the practical application of Moodle that I can help with are:
- Posting your course syllabus
- Post assignment material and accept online submissions
- Linking to articles or embed video right in the course
- Set up forums for class discussion and collaboration
- Use Quizzes for student assessment
I can also assist with course administration tasks such as adding or removing users, setting their roles appropriately, and merging multiple course sections into one meta-course.