Hello and welcome to my website! I’m the Academic Technology Specialist and Trainer at University of Portland. I serve as a resource, consultant and trainer for faculty who seek to integrate technology into their classrooms, to deliver blended or online curriculum, flip classrooms, create media or digital assets, publish on the web, or to otherwise use technology to enhance teaching and learning in the UP community.
Some of the key resources I support that are in use at UP are:
- Moodle LMS for hybrid/fully online courses or supplementing face-to-face with online content
- Mahara ePortfolios
- Digital Badging
- WordPress ePortfolios & class sites or blogs
- Publishing/sharing of streaming media
- Multimedia production
- Web Accessibility for digital media
Productivity and Collaboration Tools
- Office 365
- Digital polling, quizzing, or formative assessment tools
- iPads & mobile devices
- WordPress for professional or academic sites and blogs
- Accessibility for Web Content
In my role I work closely with a great team of system admins, instructional designers and technical support to ensure our faculty have the resources and guidance they need to teach in the modern, connected world of higher education.