Challenges, Strategies & Obligations of Law Enforcement Agencies for the 21st Century
This four to six-hour workshop presents the challenges, strategies and obligations of law enforcement agencies in meeting 21st Century demands and is designed for the entire patrol division of law enforcement agencies. The workshop focuses mainly on the types, causes and costs of traffic crashes, the importance of the four E’s (Engineering, Enforcement, Education and Emergency medical services) of highway safety, and the value of proactive traffic enforcement and looking beyond the traffic ticket in criminal apprehension. Overall, the workshop will answer many of the questions law enforcement personnel may have regarding the effectiveness of traffic enforcement and suggest strategies to maintain and improve traffic services for the 21st Century.
- Introduction to highway safety
- Challenges, Strategies and Obligations of law enforcement agencies for the 21st Century
- Enforcement and speed management strategies
- Pedestrian safety
- Aggressive Driving, distracted and drowsy drivers
- Looking beyond the ticket, Traffic Law Enforcement and beyond
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This workshop has been certified by the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST).
You will also receive a certificate of attendance for completing the workshop.