The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is seeking interns for their new exhibit, The International Exhibition of Sherlock Holmes. Interns are also sought after in Early Childhood Education, the Physics Lab, and the Chemistry Lab. Although these internships are unpaid, they count for school credit and serve as a way to gain a unique experience that also looks great on your resume. Majors in science, literature, history, communications, or education are extremely sought after. As an intern, you will have to assist with maintenance halls, labs, and visitor interaction. The internship lasts three months and you’ll have to work at least 4-8 hours per week.
Qualifications for the internship are:
· Basic knowledge and interest in science.
· Strong communication and customer service skills.
· Able to present science process and content in an engaging way to a broad age range.
· Must present a professional personal appearance.
· Dependable, punctual, and willing to commit to a schedule.
· Self-directed and willing to take initiative.
· Able to stand for extended periods of time.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and an internship application on OMSI’s website. Send your application to email@example.com; you can also contact Carol at 503-797-4693 if you have any questions.
See the schedule below for times:
Physics has an opening on Thursday afternoon (1:30 – 5:30)
Sherlock Holmes has openings on Thursday (9:30 – 1:30, 1:30 – 5:30 or all day) and Saturday, (9:30 – 1:30, 1:30 – 5:30 or all day)
Chemistry has openings on Sunday morning, (9:30 – 1:30), Tuesday morning (9:30 – 1:30) and Wednesday afternoon (1:30 – 5:30)
Early Childhood Education has an opening on Wednesday afternoon (1:30 – 5:30)