The Buzz, 105.1 is looking for web-based interns for Cruze in the Morning! Students will get a hands-on experience in the web-based side of the radio business through emphasis on audio production as well as the production and maintenance of audio files accessed online. As an intern, you will work with the radio host, Cruze, and production manager of the radio station. This position is offered for academic credit, so you should get faculty advisor approval before you start. You will be expected to work online between 6 and 9 hours a week, with a time slot that varies from week to week. Ideally, you will begin in January and continue through the spring semester.
Your responsibilities will include: assembling and creating promos, pre-recorded files for on-air programs and on-site content, uploading and maintaining the audio files people hear online, uploading audio and video to their respective sites, and assisting staff with on- and off-air tasks (ie. blog updates, social media outreach, etc).
- Learn how to produce a radio promo from start to finish.
- Learn how to create pre-recorded product for use on air.
- Learn how to upload and maintain audio files for off-air usage.
- Become familiar with the off-air tasks that support a radio station including social media outreach, blogging and promotions.
- Become knowledgeable in the web-based support that takes place for a morning radio show
- Must be available in the morning hours from 9:00am – Noon approximately 3 days per week.
- Must be independent, self-motivated, able to follow instructions, and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to assess, edit, and recommend changes to processes as needed.
- Must have a great attitude and an interest in learning about the “behind the scenes” work that takes place during a morning radio show.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 1st, 2013.