The College of Arts and Sciences, in collaboration with the McNerney-Hanson Endowed Chair in Ethics and the CAS Student Leadership Advisory Council (SLAC) is calling for CAS Student Nominations for the annual Kay Toran Award for Service to the Community.
The Award recognizes an outstanding graduating senior in the College of Arts and Sciences who, in the spirit of Holy Cross Education, has engaged in thoughtful and active outreach in the “service of the common good alongside their academic pursuits.” This award is named after Kay Toran (CAS ’64, Social Work) whose life‐long endeavors and work have made a positive difference in the lives of so many people.
Please take a moment to nominate a graduating CAS Senior who inspires YOU by their commitment to service. To nominate, please provide the name and a short explanation as to how this person inspires you through his or her service.
Send confidential nominations to Dr. Michael Andrews, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, through the following email address: SLAC@up.edu
Deadline: Monday, February 6 by 5pm.
- Graduating Senior in College of Arts and Sciences.
- Evidence of a habit of service to the Community beyond UP, especially to the most under-served communities.
- Evidence of exhibiting empathy to his/her neighbor.
- Evidence that work has made a difference in the lives of others.
- Plans for life-long service.