Health & Counseling Resources
Schedule an Appointment: 503.943.7134
The Health and Counseling Center is located in Orrico Hall, First Floor.
Open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Interpersonal Violence Resources
- Resources for Staff and Faculty
- Multnomah County Crisis Services
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800.273.8255
LGBTQ Suicide Hotline: 866.488.7386
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Testing
- The University of Portland honors the moral teachings of the Catholic Church. Therefore, the Health and Counseling Center does not prescribe contraceptives. We may prescribe hormonal medications to treat medical conditions such as polycystic ovary syndrome, but they are not prescribed to prevent pregnancy.
- If you think you may be pregnant, first, know that you are not alone.
- The Health and Counseling Center offers free pregnancy tests and all services are confidential. An advocate within the Health and Counseling Center can also offer referrals to resources outside of campus.
- UP is committed providing resources that support students with many varying needs, including pregnancy. The University will do all it can to accommodate your needs and concerns regarding coursework and housing.
Scholarships & Grants
There are many types of financial aid and scholarships offered to UP students. These include Institutional Scholarships, Institutional Grants, Federal and State Grants, and Outside Scholarships. Click on the link below to learn more about how to apply for scholarships.
The Career Center provides services and resources to all University of Portland students and alumni. Whether you are looking for an internship, applying to a job interview, need a stronger resume, or want to talk about your major/career path, the Career Center is a great resource for students to utilize.
The Career Center is located in Orrico Hall, Lower Level.
Office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Call 503.943.7201 or stop by the office to schedule an appointment.
Check out their website to learn more about what the Career Center can do of you. https://www1.up.edu/career/
Free River Campus Parking Shuttle
Beginning on October 3rd there will be a FREE shuttle service between the University of Portland parking lot on the river campus and the main parking lot.
The shuttle will run continuously from 7:30am to 9:00am and 3:30pm to 5:00pm Monday-Friday.
As of now, the shuttle will pick-up and drop-off from the lower lot to the back of the Pilot house, with stops at Fields & Schoenfeldt and Beauchamp Recreational Center. Stops will adjust depending on demand and interest as this moves forward.
The lower lot can be accessed via McCosh St., which is the last right turn as you enter campus on Portsmouth. During hours that the shuttle is not running, contact Public Safety at 503-943-7161 and they will provide service.
Trimet Bus, Streetcar, and MAX light rail
Students can purchase a book of 10 tickets or you can buy a discounted monthly pass for students.
There are two bus routes near UP, the Number 35 (located on Portsmouth Ave, across from the Chiles Center, near Haggerty & Tyson Halls). and the Number 44(n Willamette Blvd behind Shipstad Hall at the main entrance of UP). These 2 routes provide students direct transport downtown or to the Rose Garden transit center.
- Riders must download the Lyft app to their iOS or Android-based phone, sign up, enter a valid phone number, and enter a valid form of payment. When a passenger wants a ride, he or she opens the app and requests a ride from a nearby driver. Once confirmed, the app shows the driver’s name, their ratings by past passengers, and photos of the driver and their car.