- Executive Board
- Advantage Director
- ASUP Web Technician
- Espresso UP Director
- Elections Committee
- Financial Management Board
- Pilots Audio and Lighting Director
- Pilot Express Director
The Advantage Director position is one that requires great skills in organization, communication, delegation, and entrepreneurship. The director will be required to hold five posted office hours and will need to be available for other hours throughout the week. Knowledge in photoshop and design area a plus, but not required for this position. The director will report directly to ASUP and is supervised in an advisory role through the office of Student Activities. The director will be in charge of orders, invoices and billing, communication between customers, generating new customers, and overseeing and delegating between two graphic designers.
- Primary responsibility is to ASUP in updating and maintaining their Pilots UP webpage, Clubs and Organizations main page on Pilots UP as well as the Student Government webpages under the Office of Student Activities up.edu address, and all other ASUP websites on a regular basis. Including any major or minor updates on design and functionality of said pages.
- Will be a project based position with regular check-ins with ASUP executive board and Student Activities Advisors to evaluate the web sites to determine what is working well and what needs to be changed, added, or taken away. With a required of 5 hours per week of in office availability.
- All rights of the web pages will go to ASUP as the sole controller and creator of information and design. This will ensure that when Web Technicians move on or leave that the web page designs and information do not leave with them. They will also be responsible for the training of the next Webtech (if hired in a timely manner).
ASUP Films Director
The Film Director is responsible for the ASUP Film Service and the planning of pre-release monthly movie showings for students, coordinating and providing support for clubs interested in showing movies, and hiring staff. The director should express skills in time-management, organization, leadership, delegation, and customer service. Due to frequent contact between staff, ASUP, supervisors, and clients, the Film Director must be an effective communicator. Additional job requirements include the promotion of the service and the generation of new customers, managing of invoices and billing, and communication between customers.
ASUP and the Office of Student Activities are looking to hire an experienced barista to supervise the Espresso UP program. We are looking for a motivated leader with experience as a barista, in addition to experience in event and program planning. This person will be responsible for supervising and scheduling baristas to work the Espresso UP program and coordinating barista availability with other campus contacts. In addition, this person will be responsible for overseeing the promotion and marketing of Espresso UP. This person will also be responsible for purchasing coffee supplies on a weekly basis and overseeing the set-up, maintenance, and schedule of the coffee cart. This position will report to the ASUP President and the Assistant Director of Student Activities and Multicultural Programs Coordinator.
Elections committee is looking for motivated individuals who want to aid in putting on a fair and participatory ASUP elections. You can be involved in facilitating up to two elections – ASUP Senate Election in the fall and ASUP Executive Board in the spring.
Executive Board elections occur every spring semester. Every spring there are five open positions: President, Vice-President, Campus Program Board Director, Director of Finance, Director of Communications, and Speaker of the Senate. Make sure to check the requirements before the application deadline to ensure you are eligible.
- All potential committee members must be able to contribute time for Financial Management Board meetings and projects as well as the budget process at the end of each semester.
- Board members shall be appointed by the Director of Finance, passed by the Senate, and shall consist of the Director of Finance, a club representative, a Senate representative, three appointed students, and the ASUP advisor. The ASUP advisor will serve as a non-voting member of this committee.
- The Financial Management Board shall submit two detailed budgets. The first spring semester budget shall be submitted no later than the last full week of November and the fall budget no later than the second full week of April.
- The Financial Management Board shall have the power to create their own by-laws, which shall be passed by the Executive Board.
The Pilot Audio and Lighting Director is responsible for all orders director to the service. S/he will manage both finances of the service while also hiring overseeing all PAL technicians.
The Pilot Express Director is responsible for coordinating the Pilot Express rider program from campus to the airport and train station on breaks including Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, and Easter. Communication between the Director, drivers, riders, and ASUP Executive Board is very important for this position. Knowledge in Microsoft Excel is a plus and desired.
The purpose of this application is to inquire about your qualifications for candidacy. You must be a full-time undergraduate with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5, not be on academic or disciplinary probation, be a member of the constituency you wish to represent, and be willing to fulfill the responsibilities required of the position.