Hi everyone, Thanks for your thoughts so far! We are curious to know how you feel about print books vs. electronic/web-based books. Given a choice between the two, which do you prefer and why? Leave a comment to provide your input.

2 thoughts on “Print books vs eBooks?

1. I think the two have different advantages and disadvantages, so I prefer different formats for different purposes. Web-based books (articles, journals, etc) are easier to access, search within, quote (copy-paste is king), and so on; I prefer them for some research purposes. But it’s easier for me to take notes when reading a print book, and it’s easier to focus, too.

The main thing I like about print books is that I can go into a general category and just wander around the stacks until I find something interesting. It’s really hard to find interesting ebooks if I don’t already know what I’m looking for.

2. e-books are great for those articles, journals ect. but nothing beat holding a book. Being able to read the words on a page rather then a lit screen is much better to study and read from! Print books all the way!